For people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender (LGBT), the issues of career development can be further affected by so many other issues. Not only about the choice of profession, but also how to be in a job. Sample questions can include:
- Can I tell people that I’m LGBT?
- Should I put my volunteer work at an LGBT organization on my résumé?
- When should I ask about non-discrimination policies?
- Do I bring my partner to a company function?
- Should I take a transfer to live in a state where my relationship isn’t recognized?
- What’s the likelihood that I’ll face discrimination in the future if I take this career path?
- What if people want to call references that only know me by my pre-transition name?
While there is no “right” answer to any of these questions, I have worked with LGBT clients for years and have lectured about the options. By working with me, you will get a caring, understanding LGBT community member who will not judge and understand your perspective.
Ready to sign up? Check out the Packages & Rates Page to start working with Ken!