Too often, I meet with clients who have come to a point in their lives where they need to make a career shift from what they’ve been doing for a long time into either a new job, new industry, or new location. This could be for many reasons:
- They have gotten laid off and there are few options in their current field
- They are burned out and need to make a change to refresh themselves
- They’ve been in an industry because it as safe/lucrative/what their parents wanted them to work in/etc. and it is eating their souls every day they go into work
- They are going through life changing events (divorce, kids graduating, etc.) and they finally have some freedom, or
- A combination of the above.
Whatever the reason, they need to take themselves out of one context, and put themselves into a new one. I liken it to being in a secret club, and they know all the passwords and handshakes for their current club, and have no clue about how to get into the new one (or even where the new club is located!) This can be daunting to not understand where they are going and if they can even make the transition.
I work with career changer to identify the passion that is leading to a new career path, all the skills and experiences that they like to use, and then identify the new goal and find out how to tell their old stories of their accomplishments in new ways (and how to get the members of the new club to listen to them.) It’s exciting to get people to see that no matter where they are in their career journeys, they have options open to them in some way, and their sense of personal power can lead them to new opportunities if they are thoughtful and skillful in navigating this new path.
Ready to sign up? Check out the Packages & Rates Page to start working with Ken!