This is a difficult time in our world with many people either dangerously sick, doing jobs that put them in the position to be sick, working under isolation, having lost their income stream, dealing with the stress of lack or leadership or clarity, lack of touch, or any number of other things. It’s a difficult time to be in the world, and this is where recognizing the difference between what is in your control and what is not is key to our mentally getting through this time.
I am doing all the things that I can to take care of myself: meditation, journaling, shoulder physical therapy exercises (yes, I broke my shoulder in mid-February, so that’s why I’ve not been able to post on here much), yoga, and all sorts of other self-care exercises. Given the fact that I’m staying at home like everyone else, taking care of myself to make sure that I don’t get sick is one of the best things I can do to not overload any of the health care system. After that, I’ve found that if I can do something to help others, that will help me feel good.
While I’m also working directly with clients (yes, Zoom, FaceTime and Google Hangouts allow that), I’m also offering a number of other online options to help people not only in their career development, but also in keeping people sane and connected at this time. See below for all of my programs:
- Every Tuesday evening at 6:30 p.m. EDT, I’m holding an “Ask the Career Advisor” session on Facebook Live on The Resonating Life Facebook Group. It’s an opportunity for anyone to come on, and ask questions about anything related to career issues. It’s free, but I do give them option for people to give donations. I’ll be doing this every week until June 2, 2020. Join The Resonating Life Facebook Group in order to get notified of the next event.
- Every Thursday afternoon, 1:30-3:00 p.m. EDT, I’m leading a Virtual Job Search Support Group. We’ve already had two meetings via Zoom and it will continue until June 4, 2020. I’m making this a very low-cost event (US$2.00 per week) to make it accessible for as many people as possible. Every week has a new topic and we’ve been sharing resources. Please share with your friends!
- I’m offering a 2-Hour Resume Rehaul to help people who are looking to redo their resumes, and want to talk through their needs and edit their resumes together in real time and have a document to use quickly. For US$225.00, we will take one hour to discuss your goals and how it is reflected in this document. Then, we can use online software to edit your resume to be in shape for what you want, and you can use it immediately. It’s a great option instead of getting your resume “professionally written” (as I’ve always had to have people redo any resume that’s gone through that process anyway).
- Many of my professional musician and personal service professionals have been having a very tough time as their means of making a living has been taken away. There are so many online events happening in our time of physical distancing, and it can be overwhelming. Couple that with the need of people to feel connected, I developed the Online Social Connection, Concert & Event Calendar on my personal website to promote events and give people the opportunity to get together.
- As you know I’m a musician, and I’ve been involved with the recent renaissance of the ‘ukulele, which I use to accompany my singing. I have a special Virtual Ukulele Calendar to track all of the ‘ukulele gathering happening all over the world.
I hope you are staying safe and are doing your part to keep yourself and everyone else safe and healthy. Please join me in my events!