In this time of social isolation and job market upheaval, many people are nervous about their prospects and how they can be as prepared as possible to make the next move. Given this, I am offering a special service to help people get their resumes in shape.
Over the years, I have encountered dozens of people who have come in to meet with me, who told me that they spend up to $1,000 to have their resumes professionally written. Usually, they have just given their information to someone who just took it and put it in a format the professional had been trained in, without any thing made it more appropriate for the individual. I can usually spot these immediately upon seeing them as they all seem to be in the same format that would be appropriate for a very particular job seeker, and not appropriate for most.
I’d like to offer a more personal approach, and one at a fraction of the cost of what others are charging:
For US$225, I am offering:
- Two (2) hours of video chatting (either via Zoom or Google Hangout)
- During this time, we will discuss your goals, and come up with a focus for your story, which will then come out on your resume (and other documents!)
- Together, we will edit your resume so that it represents you and your strengths.
At the end of this time, you will have a document that is a reflection of you skills and accomplishments, and will also be the jumping off point for you to change and improve this document in the future.
Also, check out:
- Virtual Job Search Group, every Thursday, 1:30-3:00 p.m. EDT starting April 2, 2020
- Ask the Career Advisor series, every Tuesday, 6:30-7:30 p.m. EDT starting March 31.