For those of us in the Northeast, we are either wondering what all the fuss of Hurricane (or Tropical Storm) Irene was about, or we’re reeling from the devastation of rain and floods that it brought to Western New England and New York State. Wherever you are, I hope you’re safe, dry, and warm.
Here are some things that have gotten my attention lately:
- Matt Cutts: Try something new for 30 days: A great TED video about how to create new habits and stretch yourself.
- 5 Reasons Your Blog Should Have More Authors Than Just You: If you are promoting yourself on line, you have to show that others are interested in your topic to and have something to say. Also that you know other people in high places!
- Take Back Your Lunch!: I’m surprised about how many people never take a break from the office for lunch. I have to get out and do something different!
- Email Rampage! 8 Tips to Find the Bottom of Your Inbox: Feeling overwhelmed. Just try to get your email inbox to zero so that there’s nothing left haunting you. It difficult, but a good spiritual practice!
- How Many Hours a Day Should You Practice?: Musicians have to practice a lot, as it shows up so obviously for them. How much should we practice to be great?
- First Follower: Leadership Lessons from Dancing Guy: What might be the tipping point from a eccentric to a movement could be the believability of the First Follower.
So, what have you been reading that’s inspired your passion this week?